Welcome to the future, with HiMama!
Dear recruits - We're excited to get your systems up & running with HiMama!
It's imperative that you read over this guide to ensure a seamless deployment. We're counting on you for strong leadership on this mission.
Best of luck, recruits! And don't worry, we're here to help should you need anything.
HiMama over & out.
Prepare for your First Steps Call
Follow the steps below prior to our call. All you need is 5 minutes!
For a visual walk-through of these steps, Watch this 3 minute video »
- You'll receive a Logins email soon! Check your inbox for an email with the Subject "**Important** HiMama Logins" and open it up. Can't find it? Search for "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Set your password - Scroll to the bottom of the email; click on the link that says "Click to set your password »". On the Set Password screen, input a secure password that you'll remember. Enter the password again to confirm. You're now logged in!
- Complete the on-screen tutorial - Upon logging in a teal alert will pop-up. Click next and follow the instructions to complete the quick tour.
- Add a child - Click the teal "Add Child" button on your homescreen and add in your first kid!
You will need one working tablet in each classroom using HiMama. If you haven't already purchased tablets, the following guide will assist you in choosing the best tablet for your classrooms:
To use the HiMama platform, you must have a good working connection to WiFi or the internet.
Confirm that you have a good WiFi signal in each classroom by:
- Visit each classroom with one of your tablets.
- Open the tablet's browser and enter a website (e.g., www.yahoo.com).
- Confirm that the website loads quickly and successfully.
What to do if you have poor WiFi
If you have poor WiFi quality in some or all of your classrooms, don't fret! All WiFi issues are solvable.
The first step is to contact your internet service provider.
Give your ISP a call to discuss:
- Getting a new WiFi router. (Has it been over a year since you've upgraded?)
- Installing WiFi “boosters” by doors and down hallways. (Especially if you're in an old building with thick walls, or the router isn't centrally located.)
This should be a free or low-cost service. Schedule a time for them to come out as soon as possible! They'll do their thing, and get you all set up.
If you're feeling stuck on WiFi setup, let us know and we can help!
Collect parent emails
In order for a parent to receive updates through HiMama, their email must be added to their child(ren)'s profile.
An easy way to collect emails is to leave a list or stack of slips for parents to fill out at pick-up/drop-off!
A simple sheet you can print and leave out for parents to fill in their preferred email address:
You may also wish to provide parents an introduction to HiMama and how you will be using it. Here's a flyer that you can send to your families or even post at your center, as well as a short video that you can share:
The following is a Parent Participation Agreement which can be used to confirm a parent’s email address and consent for the publishing of their child’s work, photographs or videos through HiMama. (Note that this is not a legal document):
Add all children into HiMama
Get those tots locked and loaded! To do so, log in and click the teal "Add Child" button on your home screen. Remember, adding a child can be as quick as 20 seconds.
Don't have all parent information yet? No problem. When creating a child's profile, leave the Parent/Guardian section blank for now. Then when you get the parent info, simply edit that child's profile and add it in. Note: Parents will have access to any past pictures and reports from before their email was entered.
Set up tablets
Each classroom signed up for HiMama will receive its own username and password for logging into the program. For efficient recording, we recommend having one tablet for each classroom.
Follow these steps to set up your tablets:
(1) Turn on the tablet & follow the on-screen set up instructions required for your tablet.
- Android, iPad and Kindle tablets will require you to create a Google, Apple or Amazon account. We recommend creating a unique account for each tablet.
- IMPORTANT NOTE FOR KINDLE FIRE TABLETS: Do NOT set child locks. This setting prevents apps from uploading photos.
(2) Connect tablets to the WiFi
(3) Perform any outstanding system updates
(4) Visit your tablet's app store and download the “HiMama – The Childcare App” app
Available on Android, Apple (iPad, iPad mini, iPhone), and Kindle Fire devices.
Throw your HiMama Launch Party!
Your teachers' enthusiasm is critical to your success. So get everybody together, bring some snacks, and take the following steps to get started!
(1) Distribute a Teacher Guide
to each teacher and provide them with their Classroom’s login info
- Logins can be found in an email we sent you with the subject “HiMama Logins”.
- Instruct teachers to record their classroom username & password on the first page of their Guide for their reference.
(2) Give a quick verbal introduction to HiMama, such as:
Hello lovely educator(s)! As you may already know, we’ll be launching with an exciting new app called HiMama in our center. This app was designed and made with love specially for the early childhood setting.
Please open your Teacher Guide and flip to Page 3! This recaps the reasons we've chosen to use this program, and how it will help us save time.
The rest of this packet will be your go-to reference guide as you get started on HiMama - please read through it.
(3) Watch the Launch Party Video
This video will take you and your staff through the basics of using HiMama, in under seven minutes. Pay close attention during the product screenshare section, and jot down any questions that arise.
Be sure all staff members using HiMama have seen this video before their webinar!
(4) Have the teachers complete the in app Walk-through
- Have the teachers login to HiMama on their tablets using their assigned username and password.
- Instruct them to click the green "Begin Walk-through" button to get started! You can skip straight to the walk-through since you've already watched the video.
Staff attend Teacher Webinars
Your HiMama rep should have booked your webinar slots with you. Contact your rep immediately if you are unsure of your scheduled webinar times.
HiMama Webinars are interactive 25 minute online training sessions. Bring your tablets and have your questions answered directly by a HiMama Onboarding Specialist!
You will need:
- Your Staff - All staff who will be using HiMama must attend a webinar session. This is how they're going to get trained and ready to use the program!
- Guides - Print one HiMama Teacher Guide for each of your teachers. This will be their guide for the tour, and their cheat sheet while they get going.
- Tablets - Participants should be following along on their tablet during the webinar.
- Logins - Have your classroom logins on hand for the teachers. They will need to log into their classroom account to access the webinar!
Logins were emailed to you; Search for subject "HiMama Logins".
- Computer - One with internet access and speakers.
Instructions for attending:
At the time of your scheduled webinar, visit the link below. You must be logged in to access the training webinars:
Make sure to turn the volume up, so you can hear us!
Watch the Director Webinar
As a director on HiMama, you are set up with an administrative account where you can overview the teachers' activity and take advantage of administrative features.
Make sure to watch our 20 minute Director Webinar by going to www.himama.com/webinars
and selecting "Director Webinar" at the top.
You now have everything you need to be fully up and running with HiMama!
To triple check you are ready for your first day with HiMama:
(1) Charge those tablets the night before, and stock each classroom with a Teacher Guide
(2) The morning of, throw out the paper attendance sheets & check in the kiddos on the tablet.
(3) Have each teacher log an Activity update with a photo.
Direct teachers to Step 4 in the Teacher Guide for this step.
(4) Good to go!
Recruits, we'd like to congratulate you on surviving your first mission! You've been officially graduated to Commander status. Please have your teachers report to their classrooms with their tablets to complete deployment ASAP. We know you'll have just as much success.
HiMama over & out.
How will we log into HiMama?
HiMama logins are separated into two categories:
- Administrator logins (assigned by email address)
- Classroom logins for teachers (assigned by username)
You will receive your administrative login within 12 hours of signing up with the program (see Step 2 above for setup instructions). We will also be assigning one login for each classroom signed up with HiMama. Teachers will use their classroom's login to access HiMama. Classroom logins will be provided during your setup call.
How do I set up my tablets?
Please see the above section on Tablet Setup (Step 2) for assistance with getting your tablets set up.
When can I begin adding children?
Right away! We ask that before the call, all children have been added. This way, we can spend more time showing you how the application works. See Step 2 above for instructions.
I haven't gotten back all of my parent slips, can I still add the children?
Yes! Create a profile for the child without parents. Then when you get the parent information, simply use the Contacts page to add those parents in!
When will my staff be able to log in and start?
You will receive all logins prior to your setup call. Once you receive logins, you can start right away!
I've read the entire Launch Guide, but I still have a question!
If you have any other questions, make sure to check out the Help Center that's built into HiMama! You can access it at the bottom of your screen any time you're logged into the program.
You can also get in touch with our support team through My Center's Requests.