We understand that not all Tuition Plans are the same, so HiMama has made it easy to set up three different types of plans. It's best to understand all three types so you can decide which combination of plans is best for you and your center!
Setting Up SMART Plans and Custom Group Plans
Creating Tuition Plans
1. From the Billing page, navigate to the Tuition Plans tab and click "New Tuition Plan".
2. Fill out the first part of the Tuition plan form. You'll need to fill this out for each age group depending on which plan you're working on. Here you will:
- Select the applicable Age Range (these were set based on your initial Billing setup call - to have them renamed please contact us)
- Create a Plan Name (make these as specific as possible so it's easy to keep track of the different plans in your center)
- Check off the box beside "Smart Plan" if you are setting up a SMART Tuition Plan
- Select the billing variables like Invoice Timing, Tax Percentage, Billing Cycle and Payment Due (click HERE for a reminder on what these different components mean)
3. Select what type of Rate you want
Fixed Rate (Enrollment Based): Continue to 3. A
The fee is determined based on the child's scheduled enrollment (but is the same every billing period).
Fixed Rate (Single Cost): Continue to 3. B
There is one fee per billing period for all children, regardless of schedule.
Variable Rate: Continue to 3. C
The fee for a child may vary each billing period based on the number of days they attend.
3. A. Enrollment Based: Input the fees associated for full days and half days (if applicable).
3. B. Single Cost: Input the single cost all children on that plan will pay (this will be per week or per month, depending on how you set up Billing Cycle).
3. C. Variable Rate: Input the daily fee.
If you need to add any notes (visible for the families) include this in the notes section and click "Save".
Adding Children to Tuition Plans
4.Once you've created and saved your plan, you'll be directed to the page below. Select the "Add Children to Plan" button.
5. Tap each child's name that you want to assign to the plan. They will light up teal once selected. To "de-select" a child, click their name again- they'll turn back to grey.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Save'
7. Sit back and relax! Now your invoices will be automatically generated based on the criteria you entered into their tuition plans!
Setting Up Individual Plans
1. To set up an individual plan for a child, this will be done from the (a) "Children" tab. (b) click "Only kids without tuition plans" to show children who do not have a tuition plan assigned to them.
2. Click "Add Tuition Plan" beside the child you'd like to create a plan for.
3. From here, a pop up will appear, click "Create Individual Plan for Child" on the drop down.
4. Fill out this child's plan accordingly based on their billing cycle, invoice timing, payment due date, tax percentage and cost and (a) click "Save".
5. Sit back and relax! Now your invoices will be automatically generated based on the criteria you entered into this child's tuition plan!
Editing Tuition Plans
After you've created tuition plans, you may need to edit them. This can be done at any time. Click HERE to learn how to edit your plans.