Parent Bundle - Resources for Your Center to Share HiMama With Your Families!
Not sure how to introduce HiMama to your families? You’ve come to the right place! In this article, you’ll find helpful resources that will provide you with materials and information that you can use while launching HiMama at your center.
Step 1: Collect Parent Emails
In order for a parent or guardian to receive updates through HiMama, their email address must be added to their child(ren)'s profile. HiMama will automatically send an invitation to your parents and guardians once you’ve provided their email address in their child(ren)’s profile.
Note: Please ensure that the email address added is correct and legitimate: please do not add a "fake" email address. Meaning, if you're unsure, add the parent or guardian under Emergency Contact!
- Don’t have some of your families email addresses? See here for a signup sheet that you can use to easily collect those email addresses. Just print it and leave out for your parents to fill in with their preferred email addresses.
- You can also use our Parent Participation Agreement to confirm their email address, in addition to affirming their consent to participate.
Step 2: Tell Your Families About HiMama
You’ve got their emails, now it’s time to inform your families what HiMama’s all about! In addition to distributing our colorful Parent Flyer, you can also use our more formal Sample Letter, which you are able to copy and paste, and then modify to your liking!
Step 3: Download Our App & Get Started!
Once all your families have been informed of HiMama, you’ll want to ensure that they’ve downloaded the app, so that they can start receiving your updates! Our Parent and Childcare app are combined into one new super app: meaning, your families will download the same app you use at the center: “HiMama- The Childcare App”.
Let your parents know that they can expect to start receiving updates from your center!
What does HiMama send to parents once I’ve attached their email address?
- You can see a sample of the Welcome email here.
How do I know if a parent or guardian has logged into their HiMama account?
- Under their child(ren)’s profile, you’ll notice a green check mark next to their name.
Some of my families have privacy concerns. How do I obtain consent from a parent to publish their child’s work, photographs, or videos through HiMama?
- We take privacy concerns very seriously here at HiMama: you can read more about HiMama’s commitment to internet safety here. Furthermore, we’ve created a Parent Participation Agreement for you to obtain consent, in addition to confirming the parent or guardian’s email address. (Note: this is not a legal document)
I want to show my families what they can expect with HiMama. How do I show my families what the HiMama Parent App and Parent Portal look like?
- We’ve got you covered! You can share this short, promotional video about our Parent App.
- We also have a Parent Portal video tour as well.
Can my parents and guardians include their family members in their HiMama accounts?
- Absolutely! Once your parents and guardians set up their HiMama account, they’ll be able to establish which family members they’d like to invite as Crew members: this way, parents can manually send off photos and videos to grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, and friends.
I'm a director or teacher and my child goes to my center. How do I switch between an educator and parent user?
- You can either log out and log back in to switch between your two accounts, or you can log in to the HiMama app as a parent and use a web browser on your mobile device to access HiMama as an educator.