HiMama's new Message Center now separates photo/video Comments and actual Messages, and for Directors it combines Staff and Parent messages into one inbox. Check it out!
This article covers:
- What's new?
- Accessing the Message Center
- Sending and Receiving messages
- Viewing history of sent and archived messages
- Archiving message threads
- Photo and video comments and messages are in their own separate area
- Now there is only one inbox for Staff & Parent messages
- Parents have the option to send messages to "Director" only or "Director and Teacher" from the app
Accessing the Message Center
To access your message center as a director or classroom, go to "Messaging" (envelope icon) from the main menu.
Parents will be able to create messages by using the in- app message center, or by emailing a child's unique HiMama email address (found on their child's profile). This will come through as a "message". If a parent replies to a photo, it will come through as a "comment" within your message center (see below)
Sending and Receiving messages
You can send a message to a child's families by clicking the green "Compose" button or reply to a message by clicking on the message in the inbox.
Viewing sent and archived messages
To view the sent messages, click the "Sent" button. To see archived messages click "Archives". You can also see all messages and comments before the message center update by clicking "Sent Notices (legacy).
And click HERE to learn how to archive messages in the message center