Use this guide below to troubleshoot several culprits of spotty wifi. By using the suggestions below we can ensure that wifi issues are resolved.
○ 1. Did you run a speed test?
Click HERE to learn how to run a speed test properly. Contact your Internet service provider if you have low numbers.
If your numbers are low:
Give your ISP a call to discuss:
- Getting a new WiFi router. (Has it been over a year since you've upgraded? The router is free to replace!)
- Installing WiFi “boosters” by doors and down hallways. (Especially if you're in an old building with thick walls, or the router isn't centrally located.)
FYI: Replacing your router should be free of cost with your internet service provider! Schedule a time for them to come out as soon as possible! They'll do their thing, and get you all taken care of.
Still slow? > Continue to #2.
○ 2. Are multiple devices connected to one network?
To make sure that your wifi is running at it's optimal speed, only have the necessary devices connected to the network you use HiMama on. Disconnect any personal cellphones or computers.
Still slow? > Continue to #3.
○ 3. Have you ensured your browser and tablets are up to date?
Out of date browsers and operating systems may cause your device to run at a much slower pace, in addition it might not be compatible with our website or application.
Web Browser: We highly recommend that you use an updated web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari. Internet Explorer is not compatible as it is quite out of date.
App: Check your device settings and make sure your operating system is the most current version.
Still slow? > Continue to #4.
○ 4. Do you have lots of photos and videos are saved to your devices?
Taking lots of photos and videos or downloading too many apps takes up lots of space on your tablet's memory. This can cause your tablet to run very slowly.
To clean up your tablet's storage
- Delete old photos and videos you no longer need.
- Elect to store media files on the cloud.
- Upgrade your tablets to have > 1 GB memory.
If you've completed all of the above steps HiMama should be running smoothly from your device
If after following the steps above and wifi is still not accessible in your center, please reach out to our support team so we can better assist you. We want to make sure we can do everything to help you out!